The process of filing for bankruptcy has a poor reputation for its effect on property and long-term damage to credit. The legal process of bankruptcy, however, is designed to help filers emerge from crippling debt with a fresh start and a manageable approach to finances. Whether you choose to file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 as an individual consumer or small business, you gain more than counsel when you work with a Behm Law Group, Ltd. bankruptcy attorney in Pipestone, MN.
While it’s possible to file for bankruptcy without the help of a trained legal professional, it’s not advisable unless you have a thorough understanding of the process. Bankruptcy attorneys are invaluable for filing a successful case and navigating the highly nuanced bankruptcy process. Court employees and bankruptcy judges are not able to supply legal advice to non-attorney bankruptcy filers, which makes a bankruptcy attorney your most valuable source of counsel and guidance.
Behm Law Group, Ltd. attorneys are committed to helping our clients navigate through the complexities of bankruptcy. Our goal as bankruptcy attorneys is to work with clients to build a successful case that has as little impact on their quality of life as possible.
To put together a strong and accurate bankruptcy petition and put that case through the wringers of the bankruptcy process, everything must start with the right choices and actions to build a viable foundation.
Actions and Advice with an Attorney
When you work with a Behm attorney, your case starts with wise actions and choices made from training and experience. Our counsel will provide professional guidance and expert advice to help you with the following:
- Understanding the process of bankruptcy from start to finish.
- Choosing the right type of bankruptcy for your financial situation and the types of debts you hold.
- Understanding which debts are discharged and why.
- Understanding how creditors and debts are defined.
- Completing the necessary standard bankruptcy forms for the chapter you choose.
- If necessary, completing specialized forms unique to your case.
- Building a repayment plan proposal suited to your financial situation if you file for Chapter 13.
- Choosing the most beneficial set of exemptions to claim if you file for Chapter 7.
- Protect you from negative creditor action.
- Eliminate mistakes and chances for accidental fraud in the highly nuanced workings of bankruptcy.
- Work with you from start to finish on your case, no matter what obstacles you meet during your bankruptcy process.
- Help you understand the short and long-term consequences of filing for bankruptcy, including effects on your taxes, credit score, and life overall.
Working through a bankruptcy case with the help and protection of an attorney creates positive outcomes that will affect your life and finances for years to come. Start your case with the experience and knowledge of a Behm Law Group, Ltd. bankruptcy attorney in Pipestone, MN, today by contacting us at (507) 387-7200.