It’s Mother’s Day in the Waseca, Minnesota area, which means folks will be reaching out to thank their mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, friends, and all the other important women in their lives. While it’s important to express our gratitude for these wonderful, hardworking women, it can be tricky to purchase gifts in the midst of financial struggles or a bankruptcy filing.
Rather than spending top dollar on a dozen roses or an expensive box of chocolates, why not try a thoughtful, homemade gift this Mother’s Day? Here are a few ideas to show appreciation without further increasing the need for a bankruptcy filing:
- Get Creative: Make special cards, coupons, or books for the important women in your life. All you need is a good set of markers and some colorful construction paper, as well as a helping hand from your kids or other family members!
- Time: Is your mom a bike-riding enthusiast? Does your aunt have a garden that’s the envy of the neighborhood? Take some time to get outside and go for a bike–ride, walk, or other adventure with the wonderful women in your life!
- Breakfast in Bed: This one is an old classic for a good reason! For families going through bankruptcy or other financial troubles, breakfast in bed can be the perfect way to help Mom relax and enjoy the day. Pancakes and eggs always taste better under the covers!
- Game Time: Family game night is a great way to spend time together and have some fun. Scrabble, Monopoly, or Apples to Apples are all great ways to relax and laugh while enjoying one another’s company!
- Bankruptcy can be challenging around the holidays or on special days in the Waseca, Minnesota area. But with a little creativity, you’ll find that there are all kinds of ways to show your appreciation for the women in your life this Mother’s Day.
For questions about your personal bankruptcy filing, or to learn more about bankruptcy processes, contact the professionals at Behm Law Group Ltd. today!