Bankruptcy is a process that affects a higher percentage of families, individuals, and businesses each year as many aspects of our economy change. There is absolutely no reason to feel shame in filing bankruptcy. In fact, bankruptcy is a government sanctioned process designed to help U.S. citizens find relief from debts, unexpected or otherwise. While some take on bankruptcy without a professional at their side, this is not recommended as filing for bankruptcy is one of the most complex and condition-based procedures an individual or business can undergo. Behm Law Group Ltd. can help you work through a case with the advice and support you need from a professional bankruptcy lawyer in Pipestone, MN.
Any bankruptcy trustee or legal professional will advise individuals and businesses to take advantage of the invaluable help a bankruptcy lawyer provides, and for good reason. No matter how much research you do to understand the process and your own circumstances, a bankruptcy lawyer provides legal protection in addition to the expert guidance and support you need in any type of case.
When you partner with a Behm attorney, you can expect knowledge, experience, outside-of-the-box thinking, and true caring for you, the client.
A Bankruptcy Lawyer’s Guidance
The key role of a bankruptcy lawyer is to provide guidance throughout a case. This includes:
- understanding aspects of your circumstances and determination of the best course of action when it comes to the type of bankruptcy you should file
- comprehensive assistance in gathering documentation for your case, including all financial information about income, debt, accounts, expenses, and more
- advice throughout credit counseling and other preliminary requirements outlined by the court
- support at the 341 hearing (meeting of creditors) or in court in the event your case advances beyond standard procedure
- advice and assistance in creating a Chapter 13 repayment plan proposal that fits the requirements of the court and your own financial situation
- support throughout the Chapter 7 liquidation process and assistance in claiming exemptions
- help in establishing a long-term plan for post-bankruptcy life
A Bankruptcy Lawyer’s Protection
Not only do bankruptcy lawyers provide guidance and insight from start to finish in your case, they also give vital protection from any parties involved. This includes:
- protection from creditors’ harassment that might occur
- support and protection in the event you may face a judgment claim from court or creditor
- defense against many reasons your trustee may attempt to dispute your case
- assistance during the meeting of creditors, the first critical time your case is introduced to the bankruptcy court
If you are considering filing a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 case, Behm Law Group Ltd. can offer you the support and protection of a professional bankruptcy lawyer in Pipestone, MN. To learn more or to get started with us today, contact us at (507) 387-7200.