If you live in Marshall, MN, and are contemplating filing for bankruptcy, it makes the most sense to hire a bankruptcy attorney with Behm Law Group, Ltd. vs. doing it yourself. Filing on your own without the assistance of an attorney is a process known as “pro se” representation.
While some folks think it might save them some money by filing “pro se,” it’s actually not a wise thing to do for several reasons. They include the following:
- A lot is at stake when you file for bankruptcy, and filing a bankruptcy petition by yourself can be a complicated and demanding process.
- Attorneys have the experience and training necessary to give you the best advice possible for your specific bankruptcy situation.
- Judges, trustees, and creditors’ lawyers are comfortable working with bankruptcy lawyers and aren’t always happy to be working with someone who is not familiar with the intricacies of the law. A trustee may even request that you hire an attorney if they believe that an attorney will benefit you.
- A bankruptcy attorney looks out for your best interests at every step of the bankruptcy process and makes sure you receive the full relief to which you are entitled under bankruptcy law.
- Bankruptcy can be an intimidating and time-consuming process. You will need to fill out many forms, research the law, and attend hearings. If you are not comfortable with any aspect of the bankruptcy process, consider hiring Behm Law Group, Ltd. We will prepare the forms, attend the hearings with you, and guide you through the complicated process.
- An overwhelming majority of Chapter 13 cases filed without an attorney get dismissed by the court.
If you’re facing the possibility of filing for bankruptcy in Marshall, MN, it’s wise to give Behm Law Group, Ltd. a call at (507) 387-7200 to discuss your options. We’re standing by to assist you with the complexities of filing for bankruptcy!